Berkley Accelerated Middle School
Personal Fitness/Team Sports
Name: Brad Terry
Phone: 984-2400 Email: Bradley.email@example.com
Physical Education enhances the ability to achieve one’s full potential for personal development and educational success. The goal of the program is to develop physically educated individuals who have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of healthful physical activity. By following the guidelines set forth by the National and State Standards, our research-based Physical Education program will assist students in their physical, mental, emotional, social, and character development.
LEARNING AND SKILLS OUTCOME OBJECTIVES
The students will:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and skill in team-building techniques.
2. Develop a thorough understanding of basic nutrition concepts for long term health benefits.
3. Develop an awareness of the importance that maintaining a habit of physical activity can assist in the achievement of a healthy lifestyle.
4. Demonstrate strategies that can be useful with stress management.
5. Develop an understanding of the precautions needed in order to exercise safely.
6. Demonstrate the application of the principles of training when setting goals for an overall fitness plan.
7. Design an activity plan that will facilitate in the acquisition of their fitness goals.
8. Develop an understanding of the importance of applying health and skill related fitness components to a fitness plan.
9. Develop a sense of body awareness in relation to specific group and individual activities.
10. Engage in technology to further understand the world of health and fitness.
CLASS MATERIALS/CLASS EXPECTATIONS
Students will be expected to come to class with a positive attitude and prepared with a folder, notebook paper, and a writing utensil. Students will be expected to participate in PE with closed toe shoes and a rubber sole. Students will be encouraged to participate at their fullest potential while respecting themselves and others. Equipment must be handled with care.
Tests and Participation – 50% State Grading Scale
Quizzes – 20% B=80-89
Projects – 10% C=70-79
Classwork – 10% D=60-69
Homework – 10% F=0-59